There’s been a lot of talk this week about Google Maps and its new Street View feature. After discovering that my hometown of Miami was covered and tossing some links around with my brother Andy, I thought I’d give my readers here a virtual tour of my childhood.
- The street I grew up on. We lived in the second house on the left. There used to be more trees.
- Shorty’s BBQ. Still about the same.
- St. Thomas Episcopal Church. The steeple is the same, everything else is heavily remodeled.
- Coconut Grove Sailing Club. It’s been rebuilt since we were active there.
- The Miami Herald building, where Dad worked.
- The Orange Bowl.
- Dr. Gage’s old office, where Mom worked when I was very young.
- The dentist’s office. The shortest building in the middle.
- The church where our Boy Scout troop met.
Well, I think that about has things covered, at least to the limits of Google’s current imagery.